Preparing Your Motorhome For Use After Winter Storage
Preparing your motorhome for the road after winter storage can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to. With a bit of planning and some basic maintenance, you can get your Motorhome ready for your next adventure in no time. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start by inspecting the exterior of your motorhome. Look for any damage that may have occurred over the winter, such as dents, scratches, or cracks in the fiberglass. If you find any damage, it’s best to address it before you hit the road.
- Next, check the tires. Make sure they are properly inflated and look for any signs of damage or wear. If the tread is getting low or the tires are showing signs of age, it may be time to replace them.
- While you’re outside, check the roof of your motorhome for any damage or leaks. Look for any cracks or missing sealant and make sure all vent covers and antennae are securely attached.
- Once you’ve inspected the exterior, it’s time to move on to the interior. Start by cleaning the inside of your motorhome. This will help to freshen it up and remove any musty odors that may have accumulated over the winter. Pay particular attention to the kitchen and bathroom, as these areas are prone to accumulating dirt and grime.
- Check all of the appliances and systems to make sure they are in good working order. This includes the refrigerator, stove, water heater, and furnace. If you have any concerns about the operation of these systems, consult a professional before hitting the road.
- After you’ve cleaned and checked everything, it’s time to stock up on supplies. Make sure you have enough food, water, and other essentials to last you for a few days in case of emergencies. It’s also a good idea to have a basic tool kit on hand in case you need to make any repairs while you’re on the road.
By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to getting your motorhome ready for your next adventure. Take your time and be thorough, a bit of extra effort can save you a lot of headaches later.
Recommend Products that should be on your cleaning list.
Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Portable
Clean Brush Set
Toilet Refresh Kit Thetford C250/C260
Toilet Refresh Kit Thetford C220
Shop YouTube Channel youtube.com/@johnnysbackyard/?sub_confirmation=1
Why not join our Facebook Group Motorhome Touring Scotland? https://www.facebook.com/motorhometouringscotland
Sign up for Johnny’s Back Yard online Store for Motorhome & Caravan Accessories Newsletter and we will let you know when new products are released. Newsletter link: http://eepurl.com/hND3Ir
Website Store https://www.johnnysbackyard.co.uk
Check out the Useful Links Page for more goodies https://johnnysbackyard.co.uk/useful-links-and-things/recommended-campsites/
Support the shop https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=MZ4U3STTL4YV6
Buy Me A Coffee https://www.buymeacoffee.com/johnnyburr